Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite Heroines
I believe this was done a few years ago as a topic for a Top Ten Tuesday, so I thought I’d do some of my favorite heroines since that post. Mostly because I’ve read a lot of books since then, and I thought it would be fun to do 10 new favorite heroines.
- Sophie from Hex Hall. She’s sarcastic and awesome and I like that we actually see her have a moment of doubt when she’s saving the world.
- Anna from Anna And The French Kiss. I just love her and how much she changed during the book. Paris was really good for her!
- Elise from This Song Will Save Your Life. I related to Elise so much, and I really liked seeing how being a DJ boosted her confidence.
- Livie from One Tiny Lie. I liked a lot of the characters in the Ten Tiny Breaths series, but I think Livie’s my favorite, because, like Livie, I feel like I need to be the perfect person and to make everyone proud. Plus, I liked seeing her struggle with that, and I liked seeing her come of her shell and take a few chances.
- Eliza from A World Away. It took leaving everything she knew to realize what she wanted- and while it was hard for her to choose between the Amish world and the non-Amish world, she knew where she belonged.
- Alexia from The Parasol Protectorate Series. She’s hilarious and sarcastic and gets herself into all sorts of crazy adventures but also smart enough to get herself out of anything weird going on.
- Cath from Fangirl. Cath’s story as a fan of the Simon Snow reminded me so much of my life as a Harry Potter fan. And Cath struggling to find her place in the world is something I think we can all relate to.
- Cress from Cress. I think Cress is my favorite character in the series so far. I really felt for her and she is so lovable, and I just loved her and her story.
- Anna from Sweet Evil. Anna is so awesome, because she still has a certain innocence and purity about her, and I think that’s sort of refreshing.
- Harper from Rebel Belle. Rachel Hawkins writes really amazing characters! Like Sophie from Hex Hall, Harper has some sarcasm in her, plus she’s a Southern Belle Paladin who has some doubts but comes around to what she has to do.
4 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Heroines”
Ahhh I have a lot of these on my TBR! All the more reason to read them. I agree with you on Anna – she definitely changed a lot, for the better, in Paris!
They’re all great books. Hope you like them!
I love Cress! She was by far my favorite character in the series. She’s definitely very lovable. Great list! I need to add several of these to my To Read list!
Cress really is the one who stood out to me in the series!