Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Want To Read That I Don’t Own
So, I thought this list would be really hard, as I tend to buy books, and not read them. But as I have a tendency to keep adding books to my TBR-pile, I actually found that this was easier than I expected! It’s mostly non-fiction, because I’m more likely to buy non-fiction in print, and yet I’m also more hesitant to buy non-fiction. Still, these are books I really want to own someday!
- Dear Mr. Potter. A printing was done ages ago, and it looks like another one isn’t going to be done anytime soon, so it actually looks like I missed the boat on this one. Which bums me out, because I’d love a copy of this book.
- Fruits Basket…like, volumes 16 to whatever the last one is (I think it’s 22 or 23 but I can’t remember). I’ve been so slow with finishing this manga. I put reading it on hold for some reason I can’t remember, and now it’s out of print. I think I’ve seen used copies on Amazon before, so I may have to check that out.
- Winter by Marissa Meyer. As it hasn’t come out yet…but I really want to read it!
- The Art Of Spirited Away. I love Spirited Away, and it would be so cool to have this book to look through.
- I also want to have a Harry Potter collection! I have the books in print, but I really want the audio books- both the Stephen Fry narration and the Jim Dale narration. And there are so many interesting covers of the books out there (like, the Dutch covers are pretty cool, and the Swedish covers are really odd, but entertaining enough to be on a bookshelf). I don’t even care that I’m sadly not fluent in any other languages, because I am that obsessed with Harry Potter.
- Brian Froud’s World Of Faerie. I LOVE fairies, and while I’d love to have all of Froud’s books, this is the one that is at the top of the list.
- The Art Of The Disney Princess. Apparently, artsy coffee-table books are on my mind today, because I’m just interested enough in Disney Princesses to want this book.
- House Of Leaves by Mark Danielewski. This book sounds completely bizarre and I am utterly confused as to why I don’t have it yet…because I am a fan of weird things. (Just don’t let my love of YA fool you!)
- Unsouled by Neal Shusterman. I’ve been wanting to read it for a while and yet I never seem to get to it…it’s such a different world that I really can’t wait to see where things go.
- School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins. I really liked Hex Hall, so I don’t get why I don’t have this one yet…especially since this is a spin-off of Hex Hall.
6 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Want To Read That I Don’t Own”
Oooh, Winter looks good! I didn’t know about this one, Nicole! Thanks for sharing – great list! Love finding new suggestions through the link-up; hope you have a great week!
One of my favorite things is finding new suggestions! I’m really excited about Winter and I can’t wait to read it when it comes out. I hope you have a great week too!
The Art of the Disney Princess looks cute!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
It does look cute and I know a couple of people who would love it too,
I haven’t read Cress yet but already have my eye on Winter! I love Faerie books too – have you read The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan?
Cress is definitely my favorite so far, but I’m really looking forward to Winter! And I haven’t read The Faerie Guardian, but I’ll have to check it out!