Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Bookish/Blogging Confessions
It’s confession time! There are so many things I don’t share- as a reader and as a blogger- and coming up with ten was so much easier than I expected. So here are 10 things I really need to get off my chest and share!
- I still feel weird when I can’t completely pinpoint why I feel the way I do about a book. I try to be as specific as possible, and the more books I talk about, the better I get at talking about why I feel the way I do. But there are times when I really like something but I don’t know why. And I hate including that in my review, because I feel like it’s taking the easy way out.
- I feel guilty that I don’t do discussion posts, because other people do them and I feel like I should be doing them too. But I don’t do them because I feel like I have nothing to add and that what I have to say won’t come out right. At the same time, I also want to have posts that aren’t book reviews every once in a while.
- I prefer to see the movie first, and then read (or re-read) the book. I could go on and on about this, but I’d rather enjoy the movie with no preconceived notions of what the movie should be like.
- I hate to admit it but I love Twilight.
- I don’t how I’d survive if I couldn’t schedule posts- it makes it easier knowing that those posts are ready to go. And it helps me feel less nervous about my posts, especially if it’s one I’m not sure about sharing.
- I feel like my reviews are too positive. I’m pretty honest in my reviews, so I’m sharing how I really feel. I’m just not at a point where I want to be more critical, and right now, I’m feeling pretty okay with that, because I want to talk about books in a way that’s fun for me.
- This will probably horrify some people, but I really like the idea of using books as crafts. All of ones I’ve seen look so cool, and it’s crazy but fun to see what people do with them.
- This is a random bookish confession, but I’m slightly disappointed when romance novel covers aren’t what I’d expect from a romance novel cover.
- I don’t care if my series match or if a book I get at the bookstore is in the most pristine condition possible. It’s something I don’t think about at all, because I’m happy with just having books.
- Whenever I add a new book to my TBR list on goodreads, I’ll add that book to my Audible wishlist, my Nook wishlist or print book wishlist…and then when I buy something from one of my wishlists, I’ll go back to goodreads and make a note that I own a copy of that book. I don’t know why I do that…just that I need to!