Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books If You Like Once Upon A Time
I love the idea of recommending books based on a t.v. show or movie or play or some other form of non-bookish entertainment. One of my favorite shows right now is Once Upon A Time, which is getting so, so good! I thought about including other t.v. shows, but…I really love Once Upon A Time, and since I had no problem coming up with 10 book recommendations, I figured I go with it!
- The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa. If you like how fairy-tales are slightly twisted on Once Upon A Time, you’ll like what Kagawa does with fairies and the Nevernever and how some fairies have evolved to be Iron fairies.
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle. This might be odd, but something about Emma makes me think of Meg.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This is one interesting circus, and all of the different storylines make me think of how Once Upon A Time is told.
- Wildwood Dancing by Juliette Marillier. Something about this world makes me think of the world Once Upon A Time is set in.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Something about the world Graceling is set in makes me think of Fairy Tale Land.
- If, for some reason, you haven’t read Cinder by Marissa Meyer, then you definitely should. Talk about a different way to tell a fairy-tale!
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I think assassin nuns would fit in well in the Once Upon A Time universe. And something about the world of Grace Mercy makes me think of Fairy Tale Land.
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. It’s such a good re-telling of Peter Pan, and now that I’m thinking about it, I’m curious about how Tiger Lily herself would fit in to the Neverland in Once Upon A Time.
- Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I love the relationships in this series the way I love the relationships between everyone in Once Upon A Time.
- Queen Of Hearts by Colleen Oakes is great for people who loved Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. Weird things are going to be happening in Wonderland, so it’s a great book for people who both Wonderland and Once Upon A Time.