Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Scary Covers/Halloween Reads
This week is all about Halloween. Which is a totally great holiday! We actually have our choice of best books to read for Halloween or the scariest covers, and I thought it would be fun to split it in half. So, I don’t pay much attention to book covers these days, and while there aren’t any that I find particularly scary, there are quite a few that I find really creepy! And there are so many good books to read that are really creepy or just really good to read this time of year.
- Pretty much anything by Stephen King. He writes some great stuff that’s perfect to get into the Halloween spirit. If I had to pick, I think I’d go with It, because it’s super-creepy!
- The Storycatcher by Ann Hite. The Storycatcher has a very creepy/gothic vibe that’s perfect for Halloween.
- Variant by Robison Wells. This is a great Halloween read because there’s something creepy about Maxfield Academy and the lack of adults and the mysterious powers that be that are controlling things.
- This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers. Another zombie apocalypse novel, and the creepiness is that the zombies are hovering in the background, and you’re never sure when they’re going to pop up.
- Harry Potter. I have no idea why, but this is my favorite time of year to re-read the series.