Top Ten Tuesday a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Bloggers from all over are invited to share their own top ten list based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Books I Was Forced To Read
The really cool thing about this particular list is that it could be required reading or books that friends recommended or a book for a book club (if I actually went to a book club). Really, I should just re-name this list to books I read so I’d know what people are talking about, since that’s a good chunk of my list this week.
Books I’ve Read For Random Reasons:
- Ender’s Game stands out as one of the very few books I had to read for school that I actually read/understood/liked. So there’s no question that it was going to end up on this list.
- Pretty much anything my friend Heather recommends. She has a knack for recommending books I end up liking…Mouse Guard, Daughter Of Smoke And Bone and A Moment Comes are a few that come to mind.
- The Life Of Pi: Another I had to read for school. It’s been ages since I’ve read it, and someday, I’ll probably read it again, but I remember really liking it.
The Books I Read So I Would Know What Every One Was Talking About: It’s amazing how books have moved up my TBR pile just because I want to know what people are talking about, and why there are so many rave reviews of quite a few books.
- Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- Across The Universe by Beth Revis
- The Sea Of Tranquility by Katja Millay
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- The Fault In Out Stars and Looking For Alaska by John Green
- Shadow And Bone by Leah Bardugo