Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own top ten lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top Ten Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Memorable Secondary Characters
You can’t have a story without characters (amongst other things), and I’m pretty excited that this week’s list is all about memorable secondary characters! Some characters are memorable, and sometimes…I just want to see more of them. Here are ten of my favorites!
- Myrnin from Morganville Vampires. I love Myrnin because he’s really eccentric and I never know what he’s going to do or say. Whatever he does say or do, I know it’ll probably be a little ridiculous but it is almost always a fun kind of ridiculous.
- The Weasley Twins: There are so many characters from Harry Potter, but the Weasley twins are two of my favorites, because they add some much needed humor to the series, particularly in the last 3 or 4 books.
- Mr Freeman from Speak: He’s a pretty cool teacher, and he makes me think of some of the cool teachers I had when I was in school.
- Grimalkin from The Iron Fey. I just love Grimalkin, and how his explanation for most anything is “I’m a cat.”
- The Mrs. W’s from A Wrinkle In Time. They’re a little eccentric but I also love how protective they are and how they are stars once upon a time.
- A from Pretty Little Liars. While I gave up after the 10th book, the never-ending mystery of A and how A knew stuff about the girls was pretty intriguing for a while.
- Oliver from Morganville Vampires. I couldn’t help but include Oliver. Mostly because he owns a coffee shop but also…he’s the new guy in town, and I just can’t picture him as the hippie-ish guy he’s described as in the first book or two.
- Shigure from Fruits Basket. Shigure does appear a lot, but he’s just so off-the-walls crazy that you can’t help but remember him!
- Hagrid from Harry Potter. I just love Hagrid, and he’s one of my favorite characters from Harry Potter. It’s hard not to love him!
- Vicky from This Song Will Save Your Life. I feel the slightest bit weird for including Vicky since TSWSYL hasn’t come out yet, but I love that VIcky is such an awesome friend and she’s also just a cool character I would like to be friends with!