Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over are invited to share their own Top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Beach Reads
Summer is upon us, and so it is now time for my favorite beach reads. I find this ironic because the weather is nice enough for me to the beach year-round, and yet I never go. But if I happen to find myself at the beach this summer, these are the books I’d want to read!
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. Nothing says beach read more than Beauty Queens. It’s a fun and hysterical read, and a bunch of beauty queens stuck on a not-so-deserted island is a good book for just sitting around and reading.
- Soulless by Gail Carriger. Soulless was fun to listen to, and Alexia was hysterical.
- Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt. Going Vintage is so cute, which is why it would be one of my beach reads this summer!
- Weather Wardens by Rachel Caine. I don’t know what Rachel Caine does to her books, because they’re really addicting. Weather Wardens is one of my current book obsessions, and they’re short and fun books to read while at the beach!
- Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent. I’m sad this series is over, but I have no problem reliving the fun at the beach.
- Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. If I’m going to be taken away to Paris, reading Anna is the way to do it!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Cinder makes the list just because it’s Cinder.
- Illuminate by Aimee Agresti. Illuminate makes the list because Haven has the unique ability to capture who people really are just by photographing them.
- Gilt by Katherine Longshore. Gilt is such a great beach read because it focuses on Katherine Howard (wife #5 of Henry VIII) and her circle of friends as she becomes Queen of England. The descriptions are totally amazing too, which also makes it great!
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. It takes place at the beach, and it’s during the summer! You can’t go wrong with that.