Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all Top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top 10 Books I Had To Buy…But Are Still Sitting On My Bookself Unread
Where do I even begin with this one? So, I’m great at buying books, but I’m also horrible about actually READING them. I knew I would have plenty of books to pick from, and narrowing it down to 10 was no easy task! It wasn’t terribly difficult, but when you have the need to buy all the books…you end up with a list that could go on for a while!
- The Scarlet Letter. This one has been on my shelf for years. For the life of me, I can’t remember when I got, but I’m pretty sure I’ve had it for at least 4-ish years. I think I was on a classics kick at the time.
- Frankenstein. So…my explanation for this one is pretty much the same as The Scarlet Letter. Besides, I really do need to read more classics, so why not start with ones I already have on my shelf?
- Most of the romance novels I have on my Nook. I’m pretty sure I could a list based on romance novels alone. I have them…why am I not reading the things I know will cause me to swoon?
- The Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich. I’ve had this one for a while, because I really want to read it. It’s just…it’s so long! One of these days I’ll just have to buckle down and start listening.
- Catherine de Medici: Renaissance Queen Of France. I remember getting this one because I wanted something history-ish that would also give me a break from Tudor England. And it’s history, and I love history.
- Before I Fall. I was so intrigued by the summary and bought it. Clearly, I haven’t read it, because it has now appeared on this list. But it’s Lauren Oliver and I like Delirium and I want to read this one because I’m pretty sure I’ll like it.
- The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight. I really need to read this one, which is why I bought in the first place.
- The Silmarillion. I’m pretty sure I WON’T be reading this one, because I’ve tried a few times and just can’t finish it. Apparently, I felt the need to give a try…and I’m being pretty liberal with my definition of unread, because I always get 20 pages in before giving up. Given my inability to finish it, it’s probably best I donate it or something.
- The Lying Game. Because I liked the original 8 books of Pretty Little Liars (the ones that came after the 8th do not exist in my world) and because I want to give The Lying Game a try.
- The Hallowed Ones. It’s a post-apocalyptic novel set in Amish country. Why have I not read this yet?