So, in a recent Top 10 Tuesday post, I talked about some of my favorite books of 2012. Except…I just couldn’t couldn’t limit myself to just 10. I tried to do the honorable mention thing…
…only to list enough to do another list! And that’s what I’m doing today! Here are some of my other 2012 favorites:
- In Honor by Jessi Kirby. I loved In Honor, and how Honor went on a road trip to fulfill her brother’s last wish. Such a great book!
- And The Band Played On by Randy Shilts. I feel like I’ve talked about this one frequently, but it really has stuck with me, and it really is one of the stand-outs of the year.
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver. A world where love is a disease and you have to undergo surgery so you don’t get it? Definitely a strange world (and one that’s a little scary). But still a great read!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I can’t believe Cinder never made it on my first list! I love Meyer’s take on Cinderella, and how it’s a futuristic, Cyborg Cinderella story.
- Don’t Breathe A Word by Holly Cupala. I think this one is one of my favorite YA contemporaries I’ve read this year. I could definitely relate to Joy.
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan. I love this cross between A Handmaid’s Tale and The Scarlet Letter. Plus, it’s an adult dystopic novel and the idea that you have Chromes, who have their skin dyed according to the crimes they commit…it’s kinda strange. But also interesting.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I think Shatter Me is one of my favorite dystopic novels, and I think it’s because Juliette can torture and kill people just by touching them…unless they are one of the two people who seem immune to her touch. I’m really looking forward to Unravel Me, which comes out next year.
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. A convent where you have assassins blessed by the God Of Death and serve the old gods? I’m so there! I loved the historical aspect of the book, and you have assassin nuns. What’s not to like?
- Wings by Aprilynne Pike. I know I’ve talked about Wings a lot, but it really is one of my favorites. I love what Pike did with fairies!
- Need by Carrie Jones. This one is another one I’ve talked about a lot, but this series has a lot of funny moments. And Zara is a fun, cool character.
- Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. I am so excited about Boundless, which comes out next year. This series is one of my favorites, at least where angels are concerned. But it’s also one of my favorites, period.
- Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It’s Anna And The French Kiss, so how could I not include it? Anna and Etienne are such an adorable couple, and I love that it’s in Paris.
- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I almost forgot about this one, and I don’t know how I can do that, because Evie is such a cool (and very memorable) character.
I really could go on and on about the books I’ve read this year, but I think I’ll have to save that for another day. And for a post that’s not highlighting some of my favorites from the last year.