Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke And The Bookish. Every week, bloggers from all over share their own top 10 lists based on the topic of the week. You can find all top 10 Tuesdays here.
Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012
This is a great topic! I’ve read a lot of books this year, so it was no easy task to narrow it down to 10! But it was fun figuring out which authors were my favorite and which authors I want to keep reading!
- Stephanie Perkins. I loved Anna And The French Kiss, and I’m definitely reading anything else she writes.
- Jenny Han. The Summer I Turned Pretty was completely amazing, and I really need to read the rest of that series. And anything else she writes.
- Rachel Caine. Have I mentioned how much I love Rachel Caine? Because I do. I first read Glasses Houses in April and I’ve been hooked ever since. She is definitely on my auto-buy list.
- John Green. If I have to explain this to you, then you’ve clearly never read John Green.
- Carrie Jones. Because I loved her Need series.
- Aprilynne Pike. Because Wings was awesome.
- Brian Froud. I love fairies and his artwork is amazing. They’re pretty enough to actually buy and have sitting around somewhere. Preferably somewhere that’s not in a huge pile on my floor.
- Rebecca Donovan. Reason To Breathe is one of those books I can’t stop thinking about, and I can’t wait to see what else she writes.
- Cynthia Hand. Her Unearthly series is AMAZING and I am most definitely a fan. I love what she’s done with angels, and I can’t wait until next year, when Boundless comes out.
- Marissa Meyer. Because I really liked Cinder and I need to read Scarlet now! If only it were out…
And here are a few people who almost made the list: Jandy Nelson, Libba Bray, Kiersten White, Maria V. Snyder, Huntley Fitzpatrick