I can’t believe we’re in September already! I feel like this has been the longest year ever, but it’s also going by really fast which is very strange. It really has been a weird year. I can’t believe it’s time to do a wrap-up post for August, but here we are. August was pretty busy, mostly because of school but some non-school stuff happened too, as you’ll see below.
- My freezer. I’m in a period of using what I have, and so I’ve been trying to cook with what I have. When I have the energy to cook, that is. It’s been really hot- in the 80’s/90’s, and when it gets that hot, I have the energy to do absolutely nothing. I’m really hoping it’ll be over soon, and I can get back to cooking up a storm.
- Procreate. I’ve had it on my iPad for ages, but I haven’t used it a lot. But lately, I’ve been doing using the liquify option, and I really like it! I found a marbling class on skillshare that I really like, and it gave me some really good techniques and options to try out.
- Locke & Key. Honestly, I don’t remember a lot about this show at this point, but I do remember enjoying it, and getting a Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe feel from it.
- Get Even. I was pretty excited about this adaptation, even though I’ve never read the series it’s based on. I’ve read a couple of other Gretchen McNeil books, though, and knew it would be entertaining to watch. I wasn’t wrong, and it was a fun series to watch.
- Warrior Nuns. I really liked Warrior Nuns! It’s an interesting idea, and I thought it worked pretty well. I have no idea if there are going to be more seasons, but I hope so. I really want to know what happens next.
- My Neighbor Totoro: I finally watched it! I’ve seen a lot of Studio Ghibli movies, but had never seen this one, for some reason. I absolutely loved it, and think it’s a must watch!
- The Illuminae Files. I really like this series so far, and even though I haven’t finished the last book yet, I’m really glad I picked this series up.
- Finals/Homework: August was the month where summer session came to an end, so I was busy with 3 finals and finishing everything up. It was also the start of a new semester, and I only had a week off in between the two, so school has been on my mind a lot!
- How hot it’s been. I already talked about the weather, and as much as I love warm weather, I don’t particularly enjoy heat waves. I have zero motivation and energy, and getting my homework done has been a struggle.
- Lost Kids. This podcast was really interesting to listen to. It’s about the troubled kids industry, but focuses on one student who goes missing and what happened to him.
- It Was Simple. This is a relatively short podcast series about Betty Broderick. There are only four episodes, but they are worth listening to, especially if you like true crime.
- Uncover. Another true crime podcast that’s an interesting listen. It focuses on Canadian true crime and I’m currently on their satanic panic season. The one about Sharmini was heartbreaking, the seasons about NXIVM and a plane bombing were interesting, and while I wasn’t a fan of the Cat Lady season, it was still sad to listen to.
- Once Upon A Time…In The Valley. I really like this one. It’s about Traci Lords, an underage porn star from the 80’s. I heard about it on another podcast, and I wasn’t sure about it at first, but now I’m invested.
- Going to Disneyland. I’ve been watching a lot of Disney movies, and I think that’s why I had dreamed about going to Disneyland.
- Jumping down waterfalls into pools of multi-colored water. I have no idea where this dream came from but it was on a night that I took melatonin to help me sleep, and I always have really weird, vivid dream when I take it.
- Honestly, I didn’t look into anything in particular for August.
Eating + Drinking:
- Enchiladas and Dan Dan Noodles. I had some ground beef and ground pork I didn’t know what to do with, and found a couple of recipes to try.
- The enchiladas were great, even though they fell apart and didn’t stay rolled up like they were supposed to.
- I didn’t enjoy the dan dan noodles. Well, I didn’t enjoy the particular recipe I used, so maybe it’s just me, and not the food.
- Good grades for summer school: A’s in medical terminology and English, and a B in math!
- Having a job.
- Meditation. I’ve been using the Calm app before bed every night, and I’m just glad it helps me calm down.
- Movie marathons. I’ve been working my way through all of the Disney animated movies every weekend, and it’s quite the list for August. Plus some non-Disney movies just to mix it up a little.
Good Things From August:
- Honestly, it’s not a long list, because I didn’t really keep up with writing these things down for August. And it’s all stuff I talked about already: summer school ended with good grades, fall semester started, and I watched a ton of movies.
That’s all for today!
Have a great weekend, and stay safe out there,