I can’t believe it’s June already. This has felt like the longest and shortest year ever. It’s been quite a year and we’re not even halfway through the year. I have ventured out a little- grocery shopping and laundry, usually, but it’s nice to be somewhere that’s not home or work. I got fish tacos and they were really good. Like, they were better than normal. Maybe it’s because I haven’t had any for a while.
Anyway, here is how May went for me.
- Subscription boxes. I have a few I’m getting. A couple are still pretty new, so I’ll hold off on talking about those for now. But I’ve been getting the Feeling Fab box (May’s box is pictured below) for just over a year, and I’m really glad to have it! I’ve been terrible about using the sheet masks and other beauty products included, but since my skin has been feeling dry and really irritated, I figured it was time to actually use of the things included. I have been taking time to just settle down and it’s been nice, even if it’s for 10 or 15 minutes at a time.
- CSA Box. This was something I was thinking about in April, and I settled on the box from the W.D. Dickinson farm. I’m getting a box every couple of weeks, and it’s been an adventure figuring out how to make things I don’t usually eat!
- October Faction. I really liked this show. I’m not sure if there’s going to be a second season, but if there is, I want to know what happens next.
- The Order. You can’t go wrong with secret societies, especially when family secrets are involved.
- Outer Banks. I don’t know why but the finding treasure aspect made me think of the Goonies. It’s a pretty cool show though, and I really liked everyone trying to figure out what was going on.
- Divergent. I’ve been going through my movies, wondering if I donate some of the movies I haven’t watched to the library when it opens up. I decided to watch Divergent because I couldn’t remember the last time I watched it. I actually forgot how much I enjoyed the movie. And the books, which I really want to re-read now.
- Pride And Prejudice. Like Divergent, I decided to watch the Keira Knightley version of Pride And Prejudice because I couldn’t remember the last time I watched it. I enjoyed it, but I don’t know that I’ll watch it again.
- Studio Ghibli movie marathon. I watched Princess Mononoke, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle and Castle In The Sky. I didn’t get to watch My Neighbor Totoro, but I’m definitely planning on watching that soon. I forgot how much I love Studio Ghibli movies.
Not a lot actually. I’m just not in a reading mood right now, which is why reviews have been few and far between in May. Hopefully, I’ll be back to reading soon.
Disney. I’ve had Disney on the brain lately. I think I may need to have a Disney movie marathon.
- The Bananas Podcast. Sometimes, I just need some weird, random news, and this podcast definitely has it!
- Audiomachine. I came across them on a twitter thread of music recommendations. I am glad I gave them a listen, because their music sounds like something from a movie.
- Lady Antebellum. I’m not sure why, but I have been in a Lady Antebellum mood lately.
- Disney. I’ve been in such a Disney mood lately, and I’ve been listening to the Disney playlist I made last year.
- Crochet. I haven’t been crocheting, but I have been dreaming about it.
- My grandpa. It’s weird, because when I dream about my family, it’s my grandma who usually pops up. But it was around the time my grandpa died, so that might be it.
- Sewing patterns/fabric. For the sewing machine I got. I’ve been looking at skirts, because I, for the life of me, can never find a skirt when I actually shop for clothes. And I will need fabric for said skirts. I feel like buying fabric would be a lot easier in person, but that is something I don’t want to do right now, so online it is.
- Moisturizer. My skin has been dry and irritated for the last few weeks, and I really want to find something that is both moisturizing and soothing. My usual moisturizer is okay but not working the way I want it to, so it’s time to see what else is out there.
- Smoothies. I’ve been drinking a lot of smoothies lately.
- Zucchini. I don’t know why, but I’ve been eating a lot of zucchini. I’m just going with it, honestly.
- Starbucks! I haven’t gone the last couple of months, but I have made the occasional stop now that some of the stores near me are opening up.
- Having a job. I feel like this has come up a lot but I am still grateful to have a job to go to.
- Taking time to relax. I’ve taken quite a few baths, and a couple of times a week, I’ll just be in bed with a sheet mask on. It’s nice to just sit and do nothing for a few minutes.
- Registering for summer school. I decided to go back to school, and I’m actually excited about it. I’m taking math, English and medical terminology. Hopefully, it’ll go well. I’m not worried about English or medical terminology but math is not my strong suit, so I’m hoping I’ll do okay.
- Sheet masks have been a godsend. They’ve been really soothing for my face right now, and I found a few that I liked enough to order more.
- My birthday! I turned 34! I didn’t do much but the Studio Ghibli movie marathon was what I did on my birthday. I also made myself a chocolate cake, and it was really good. Other than that, I didn’t do much.
That’s all for today, and I’ll be back with a couple of reviews soon.
See you soon and stay safe,