This is something I plan on sticking with for the year.
Remember when I said I was going to write out a contract with myself? I did it! I thought I would keep it simple…I have a tendency to make things more complicated than they need to be. Keeping things as simple as I can is something I want to work on. My contract is a good reminder of what I want to do and things I need to remember.
- compliment myself at least once a day
- ask for help when I need it
- do the things I enjoy and not feel guilty about it
- make mistakes
- do one nice thing for myself everyday
- compliment myself everytime I think something negative about myself
I Will Not:
- base my decisions on what I think will make other people happy
- let the thoughts of others control my life
- forget that it is okay to have my own opinions
- let fear take over my life
- unncessarily complicate things
- overthink things
- let myself forget that there are people who care about me
How To Make It Happen:
- write down all of my compliments and nice things
- journal for at least 5 minutes 3 times a week (and include both the good and the bad)
- cook good, healthy food but also enjoy a cookie every now and then
- spend 10 minutes a day walking or on the elliptical 3 days a week, working my way up to 30 minutes
I know it’s not much, but right now, this is where my focus is. Sharing those compliments and nice things I’m doing is a good idea! Especially since I’m writing them down. And making a nicer version of it is also in the works. I’ll post a picture of it when it’s finished.
I’ve been working on it all week, putting things on the list, only to take them off later. There are other things I’ll be working on too, but this is something that I really want to have a record of.
I really am feeling excited about all this. I feel like everything is starting to click. I’m ready for this!